Table Top Scenarios
Are you contemplating conducting a disaster recovery test or tabletop exercise? If you are looking for new or creative ways to make your test more realistic, below is a list of ideas that Ongoing Operations sometimes uses with its clients:
- Plane Crash with critical personnel on board
- Virus wipes out key staff
- Major transit route issue prevents staff from getting to office
- Strike or employee disruption event
- Member protest prevents employees from getting to work
Loss of Key Data Scenarios
- Plane Crash with critical data on board
- Corruption of data in production environment
- Disgruntled employee deletes/destroys key systems
- Core system failure without spare parts
Loss of Key Infrastructure
- Building fire
- Transfer switch explosion
- Fire in the data center
- Truck crashes into the building
- Critical switch or SAN failure
Obviously there are many other scenarios that can cause disruptions in Credit Unions, but these are a few Ongoing Operations has used with its clients.
Are you interested in how often you should test your disaster recovery program?
Do you have questions about how to involve more employees in the business continuity plan development or testing process?
WANT MORE INFO? Please fill out this form: