At Ongoing Operations, before we bring to market a service or product we we always ask ourselves, “How will this help in a DR Test?”
The Replicator (Now in its 3rd generation) has been an essential tool for our clients for over four years. From the very first generation of the Replicator we knew testing would be drastically improved. Now with the current generation of the replicator, testing has never been easier.
Currently the Replicator has two different ways to virtualize servers on the appliance, two different ways to recover individual files, can perform all of these tasks locally or remotely, and OGO can use your backups to spin up enterprise performance servers on our Cloud platform in the event of a complete client site failure.
Every server backed up on the Replicator will be easily tested because:
- All servers are backed up locally and remotely, immediately satisfying NCUA requirements
- All servers are consolidated onto one appliance and also backed up into our cloud platform.
- We provide The Replicator as a managed service….we will help you!
In addition – it will be easy to test technically because:
- You won’t have to reload the Operating System
- You won’t have to find hardware – it is included
- You won’t have to do a P to V conversion (physical to virtual)
- You won’t need to worry about what application was running on the server (the replicator can backup anything on Windows)
- You won’t need to worry about disk space for recovery (we included that)
- You won’t need to worry about troubleshooting boot errors (we will handle that for you)
- You won’t need to worry about switching or routing infrastructure
- You won’t need to worry about how to connect to your servers – we have several different ways!
Do you have other concerns about how often you should conduct business continuity test? Are you curious how the Replicator compares to Evault, Commvault or Symantec’s backup solutions? If you have these or other questions, fill out this quick form for more information.